amybraunauthor

Literary Braun

Sunday Snippet: “Now you have your answer.”

I'm happy to say I've had  great week! On Tuesday I have five books released from my favourite authors and my writing has felt really strong lately. I'm also getting even more excited for the release of Storm Born, which comes out on Tuesday! I've been hearing a lot of positive response, which is encouraging since I was nervous about this one. So to gear up for the novel's release (and to tease you a little more since Mystery Man was so popular last time), I'll indulge you in a final snippet from the novel for my snippet for Weekend Writing Warriors this week. These 8-10 sentences for this awesome indie blog hop will be the last for Storm Born, for reasons I'll go into shortly, so for now, enjoy the snippet! Setup: This scene takes place a few chapters after Ava's initial meeting with Mystery Man. She doesn't expect to see him again, anymore than she expects to be attacked on her way home from work by a group of dangerous warriors and thugs...

He peered down at me. “Give me a minute, and I’ll make sure she comes with us.”

“No. You won’t.”

Turve, Declan, and the raspy-voiced stranger looked at the person behind me. So did I.

He’d swapped the bad boy biker gear for armor almost identical to that of the strangers across from me, except that the leather was midnight blue instead of black, and the plating was a frosty azure instead of silver. The ghost-pale swords in his hands were deadly sharp, streams of water slicking the three foot length and dripping from his clenched hands.

“You asked who she is tethered to,” Mystery Man growled. “Now you have your answer.”

***

A single night can change your life… for the worst.

It’s been a century since the last Centennial Storm, the calamitous phenomenon that covered the world in disasters– tornadoes, hurricanes, blizzards, tsunamis, and dust storms– caused not by nature, but by alien creatures from another realm. The Stormkind.

Ava Reid tries not to think about that night, when she was caught in a hurricane and brought face to face with one of the Stormkind, the man with a dagger, and the agony she felt when he stabbed her with a crystal blade. Yet as she and the rest of Florida’s citizens begin to rebuild their lives, Ava can’t help but notice strange things happening around her. Things she seems to be causing. The gusts of wind and sudden floods attract the attentions of a mysterious stranger who leaves her clues, and the deadlier men following her.

It isn’t long before Ava is swept up into a wild conspiracy, led by a secret society that knows the truth about the Stormkind– and what their enemies have planned for the world she loves. If she wishes to protect her friends and her family, Ava must harness her strange new abilities and become part of the Stormkind society. Because if she loses control, there will be no force strong enough to stop her…

Pre-order it here:

Amazon Kindle | Paperback | Kobo | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads | Smashwords | iBookstore |

***

Oh, come on. You know I couldn't help but leave off on a cliffhanger! Anyway, my promotions for Storm Born are far from over. Though there won't be anymore WeWriWa snippets for it, I'll have tons of giveaways and spotlights coming up that I should start linking soon. I currently have one giveaway open for a signed paperback and swag via Rafflecopter, which I'm using for the first time.

The reason I'm choosing this as the last snippet isn't just because I like driving people crazy. It's because in June, the final novel in my Cursed series, Damnation's Door, will be released, followed by Midnight Sky, the sequel to Crimson Sky and second Dark Sky novel. Since I want to amp up the hype for those novels before their release dates, I'll be focusing on promotions for those, starting with Damnation's Door.

Still can't get over how much I love this cover... *dreamy sigh*

May is going to be a swamped month for me, and I'm thinking I'm going to take off some stress by working with a book tour company to help me set up the promotions. I had great success with Xpresso Book Tours for the Damnation's Door cover reveal, and the lure is definitely calling me. With all that free time, I can continue working on my current projects until the Midnight Sky edits come back– writing the sequel to Storm of the Gods (which is currently with Beta readers), and the world building for my new series Iron Gargoyle, now that it's swapped places in sensible priority with Agents of Limbo (yes, for once, I couldn't do five things simultaneously... Next time!). I have a lot on the go right now, but thankfully I have everything written out and am balancing my budget so I can use services that are actually working in my favour. There are some things I wish I'd known before hand, but at least I'm learning!

More details of my plans for May will be in my monthly blog post, but for now, I'm content to be working through my projects one at a time (yes, I do actually do them one at a time and in a very specific order, despite the chaos of titles in that last paragraph).

So that's the news! I'm happy to excited to be moving forward with all this work, knowing more is on the way. Remember to check out the other awesome Weekend Writing Warriors authors and give them some love in the comments. I'm not the only one who has some kick-ass releases coming their way!

Until next time!